3/4/18

A new dawn, alegory . The Making off


Hi all, today I am going to show you my latest painting done in Krita 4.0 while i was collaborating to provide resources like brushes, brushtips, and patterns.
I think Krita deserves a good promotional images (at least finished images) and this was also a good testing canvas for that. My 2 cents ;)
This image reflects the emotional state that makes me feel this new release. So here you have...
"A new dawn, alegory" i hope you like it.



The process. (click on the images to see big-res images)

Step 01. First i start with the background, the mood itself of the image. I focus my attention on color and overall emotion. You can see there is no texture but i define where the figure must be placed.

Step 02. Then i continue working with brushes and wet paint.Here i am testing how to get the Oil or at least the painterly effect on some brushtrokes and i remove some coldness on the background. I start to add a bit of glow, this is an easy way to get more corlors to play with. Also you can see some primitive structures on the BG.

Step 03. I feel i need more color, why not! and i start to define better the path of viewers eye. I use very often the contrast to catch the attention. You can see a lot of brushtrokes , some are from 3.3 brushes and others are testing brushes for 4.0. Not too much detail here but i feel i like the red color and movement on clothes

Step 04. After some crazyness, lot of fun and exploration, is time to define a bit the image, the message and planes. You can see now arcs, rocks and a more defined pose for the woman. But at the moment i have only big spots of color.

Step 05. Time for block stage defining more and more.  

Step 06. I sketch a better figure in paper with pen, I love strong characters and strong women so i decide to give her a powerful pose, dominant but a bit humble holding her clothes with bare hands.


Step 07. I change the scale of figure to emphasize the environment and movement on the folds. Now you can see the folds and better idea o what the final image is going to be.

Step 08. Is time to detail a bit more all the scene. Structures on background, the ruins in midplane, the ground, adding a bit of texture and the main arc in the foreground with the woman in focal point. The folds are well stablished and is time to see if everything works. I am not sure with the arm pose so i delete it for the moment.

Step 09. I redefine a bit the mood, to be not so pictoric but more actual looking. I focus my attention on bg and add glow to the gate, wich is the symbol of "how krita is seeing a new light and how reborns from the ruins. (you know the history) I block the main shapes of arm and detail lot of parts.

Step 10. So... what i miss oh yes! more details ;) . I left this image posted because you can see how i use temporary swatches (in this case for the folds) you can see also this for the hair and how the strands starts to appear more realistic.

Step 11. And now a dramatic light change because the lighting was not coherent. Final details in hair, texture, folds, folliage, and fx. All done with krita 4 brushes.

I  hope you enjoy this new release as I do. Remember Krita it can be amazing but you are the artist.
If you have qustions or want to know more about my work, check my social media.



2 comentarios:

  1. Your blog post has inspired me to explore the relationship between different forms of creativity and discover hidden connections that enrich our experiences. Here's to embracing the transformative power of art and savoring moments of connection over the Burger King Family Bundle! bundle coupon

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Combining the visual feast of your artistry with the culinary delight of the purina coupon exemplifies the fusion of creativity and togetherness.

    ResponderEliminar